Grants to study in Belarus
The list of documents which need to be submitted by foreign citizens to the diplomatic missions of the Republic of Belarus abroad as part of the first stage of selection (until February 20) for participation in the second stage of the competitive selection for education in the Republic of Belarus at the expense of the republican budget:
application for admission to study (drawn up in free form with arguments in favor of the chosen specialty);
copies of a document for traveling abroad and (or) an identity document;
a copy of the document on education (or a certificate stating that a foreign citizen is a student, indicating marks in all subjects, certified by the head of the educational institution);
a copy of the document confirming the knowledge of the Russian and (or) Belarusian languages (if available);
copies of a medical document on the state of health indicating the possibility of training in the chosen specialty and a certificate of the absence of HIV infection, issued by the official health authority of the candidate's country;
characteristics from the place of study (for students);
documents confirming the Belarusian origin (in the case of classifying a person as a foreign citizen who (or their relatives in a direct ascending line) were born or lived in the modern territory of the Republic of Belarus);
documents confirming the preferential right to participate in the competitive selection.
If the candidate's level of knowledge of the Belarusian or Russian language is insufficient to master the content of the selected educational program, the foreign citizen will be offered to study at the preparatory department of the selected educational institution of the Republic of Belarus or at language courses at the National Institute for Higher Education on terms of payment.
The following categories of applicants have a preferential right to participate in the competitive selection:
- winners (1st, 2nd places) or laureates of international competitions of scientific works in academic subjects corresponding to the subject of the first profile test in the specialty;
- people who have practical work experience in the relevant area of activity for at least two years after receiving documents on education confirming the receipt of secondary specialized or general higher / special higher education;
- winners (1st, 2nd places) of international competitions and (or) other educational events held by educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus in academic subjects (disciplines) (when entering specialties for which this subject (discipline) is defined as the subject of the first profile test), as well as made presentations at international conferences organized by educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus;
- people who submitted a list and copies of published scientific papers, descriptions of inventions, reports on completed research and development (if any), diplomas confirming victories (1st, 2nd places) in international Olympiads and (or) other educational events for educational subjects (disciplines) (if any), upon admission to specialties for which this subject (discipline) is defined as the subject of the first profile test;
- people who successfully mastered the content of the educational program for preparing individuals for admission to educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus (in the year following the year in which they first participated in the selection).